Each year, the Liberal Arts Network for Development sponsors five student competitions to recognize outstanding student work in the Liberal Arts: art, illustration, photography, film, creative writing, and Student Scholars, a conference segment which is open to all liberal arts disciplines. Projects completed during the 2021 calendar year are eligible for these competitions.
- Creative Writing Recognizes quality creative writing in three categories: fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction.
- Film Recognizes quality fiction and non-fiction/documentary filmmaking.
- Fine Arts Recognizes quality designs on a theme selected by the LAND Steering Committee.
- Illustration/Graphic Design Recognizes quality designs exemplifying LAND’s Statement of Purpose and that year’s theme.
- Student Scholars Recognizes the research of eight students or student teams. The research may have been completed or it could be on-going.
The following prizes will be awarded for the Creative Writing, Film, Fine Arts, and Illustration/Graphic Design competitions:
- $150 for First Place
- $100 for Second Place
- $50 for Third Place
Student Scholars are invited to present their work at the LAND Student Scholars Conference on the Friday of the annual LAND Conference.
All students with winning entries in Creative Writing, Film, Fine Arts, and Illustration/Graphic Design, and Student Scholars are invited with a guest to attend the Friday luncheon. Students will be recognized for their achievements at this time, coming forward to receive their awards. Students are not expected to make any public comments during this ceremony.
NOTE: For 2022, the LAND Conference will be open to all who register. The event will take place online via Zoom.
Students retain the copyright to their submissions to LAND student competitions. However, students need to grant LAND the right to reproduce any submission on its website or any other LAND publication regardless of medium of publication.