The LAND Student Scholars Conference showcases the scholarly work of eight students or student teams. The projects may be complete or they may be on-going.
A full list of 2017 LAND Student Scholar Recipients, Faculty Mentors, sponsoring schools, and presentation topics can be found here.
The LAND Student Scholars Competition is open to any student enrolled in a credit class at a public Michigan two-year college during the 2017 calendar year.
LAND does not accept submissions directly from students. All submissions must come from a faculty mentor.
- Selected student scholars will be expected to present their project on Friday, February 23, 2018 at the LAND Conference in Muskegon.
- Student Scholar presentations must last no more than fifteen minutes, including time for Q&A (suggested presentation time is 10-12 minutes).
- Technology may be used: Prezi, PowerPoint, audio, video, internet, etc.
We are open to the following submissions
- Formal research papers on a liberal arts topic
- Student service projects that benefit the college and community
- Original musical or dramatic compositions
- Other scholarly work (Please ask us!)
The student must submit the original research or project documents. In the case that the research/project cannot be submitted via document (such as a theatrical performance, dance, other visual or performance arts), then documentation can include audio/video along with the student’s presentation summary of the research/project. LAND is open to new and exciting projects – please email ## with any questions!
Entries will be evaluated by members of the LAND steering committee. The eight selected proposals will demonstrate originality, creativity, and understanding in at least one of the liberal arts fields – fine arts, mathematics, natural sciences, philosophy, languages or social sciences.
All submissions must be to Finch Roberts by midnight, Friday, December 8, 2017.
- Send Student Scholar submissions to: RobertsFinch@jccmi.edu
- Please use the subject line “LAND Student Scholars”