LAND Creative Writing Competition
- Short fiction and essays must be fewer than 2,000 words in length; poems must be 50 lines or less.
- No previously published work may be submitted.
- Work must be original. Any borrowed ideas or language must be appropriately acknowledged.
- Authors must be willing to have their work published under their own names. No anonymous or pseudonymous work will be accepted.
- Neither the author’s name nor the name of the author’s college should appear anywhere on any entry.
- Entries will be identified by the author’s student number, which should appear in the upper right hand corner of each page.
- All multi-page entries must be titled and paginated.
- Each poem must have a title.
- All entries must have one-inch margins and page numbers.
- Essays must be double-spaced. Stories must be double-spaced unless alternate formatting is an integral part of the story’s aesthetic effect. Poems may be spaced and arranged according to the poet’s intent.
- All entries must be submitted in .doc , .docx, or .pdf format. When format is an integral part of the work’s aesthetic effect, a scanned image converted to a .pdf document is acceptable.
LAND does not accept entries sent directly by students. The entry form should be submitted by each college’s contest coordinator.