LAND Creative Writing Competition
- Short fiction and essays must be fewer than 2,000 words in length; poems must be 50 lines or less.
- No previously published work may be submitted.
- Work must be original. Any borrowed ideas or language must be appropriately acknowledged.
- Authors must be willing to have their work published under their own names. No anonymous or pseudonymous work will be accepted.
- Neither the author’s name nor the name of the author’s college should appear anywhere on any entry.
- Entries will be identified by the author’s student number, which should appear in the upper right hand corner of each page.
- All entries must be titled and paginated.
- Fiction and essay entries must have title pages that include the story or essay title and the author’s student number, but not the author’s name or the college name.
- Poems do not need title pages but they do need titles.
- All entries must have one-inch margins and page numbers.
- Essays must be double-spaced. Stories must be double-spaced unless alternate formatting is an integral part of the story’s aesthetic effect. Poems may be spaced and arranged according to the poet’s intent.
- All entries must be submitted in .doc , .docx, or .pdf format. When format is an integral part of the work’s aesthetic effect, a scanned image converted to a .pdf document is acceptable.
LAND does not accept entries sent directly by students. The entry form should be submitted by each college’s contest coordinator.
The entry form that must be submitted with each entry are available in: